Monday, February 21, 2011

farfaraway.

Once upon a time, there was place far far away, that you could run away too and escape all your troubles. It was a place where you could find endless happiness, laugh all day have no resposibility, be healthy and content. Lets pack up our suitcase (and our gobstoppers), lets GO!

Oh, if only a place existed...

In all seriousness there's no reason it can't. Well at least for a while anyway? Everyone really should have there own escape, whether its painting far far away landscape, reading a book that takes you far far away, or swimming in a ocean that takes your mind far far away. Its so important that everyone has there own "FAIRYTALE", and have "YOU TIME!"



OK, after snapping my fingers and getting back to reality... What a week I have had! As per usual I have been run of my feet with SOC's (summer of coconuts). But to really top my week of my poor baby cat Alice is now at the vet and I dont know when she's comming home. (yes i am a crazy cat woman!)

You see I put Alice in to get a routine spayed (desexing). No probs, right? WRONG! If anything could go wrong, everything did. Alice came home after her operation, they told me keep her quite, dont let her run around. I bought the bitter spray they recommended me, so she wouldnt bite her stiches out.... The thing no-one predicted was that Alice becomes hypo-active, from the anaesetic. So instead of her being groggy and sedated, she was running around like an energiser bunny. The bitter spray didnt work, and she bit through her stiches so her stomach was all exposed. I quickly run her down to the vet, she had a second operation and the stitches were repaired + a collar put around her neck.

Two operations later I was grumbling - having to pay double the money, thought it would be the end of it? Right, maybe? NO! Sunday came, she started vomiting everywhere, then she formed a large lump just above her stitches and it starts growing really quickly... I rush her down to emergency (which I might add, is expensive!), they tell me it does not look good and it might be a hernia, but it could be fluid.. gave her some antibiotics, and told me to take her to my vet first thing in the morning. So I took her to my vet, he confirms he really thinks its a hernia. He said it looks really bad and wants to operate straight away. So third operation later... (wont say how much it all cost me :-(..... She did have a hernia, she most probably got it when she became hypoactive from the anaesetic, and was flipping around like a energiser bunny.

She's at the vet right now... and she will have to stay there for a few days, as I really want them to monitor her.

What a nightmare! Has anyone else have a problem like this from getting there cat spayed?

Ok - I might go to my far far away place right now. hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm x

No comments:

Post a Comment